Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My "Far Beyond" Experience

Far Beyond is the first song on my EP Poisoned so of course I am excited that it has a music video of it's own (the first one I've ever done!)

Music Video (Far Beyond)





Far Beyond via The Couch Series!


I wrote this song as teen and it sounded much different back then; it was much so a ballad.  Now this song is, well, sad, and to keep it slow would have been more true to the heaviness of the song's meaning, I would say.  But a little irony doesn't hurt!  It's been through it's journey; genre changes, to being explored with a full band, then being recorded, and now filmed.

My music video took place at Cannon Pianos in downtown San Bernardino.  I couldn't think of anywhere but there to have my music video debut.


I arrived there early just to get acquainted and relax, vibe a little with each piano.  I saw it as being at a party and getting acquainted to strangers with small talk.  Every individual piano has a different feel or persona (if you will). They each "talk" music differently.  I came early to find my place.


And took some pictures . . 


And relaxed . . .


And made friends . . . 


And . . .


If you're wondering about my belt in the outfit, I didn't have time to get this dress fitted.  


I shall take photos when this dress is finally fitted.  I couldn't resist it though it wasn't quite my size.  It was a magnificent, thrifty find! ;)

As you can see, we had plenty of time to be comfortable on the set.  Here's my husband (who is also my drummer) on one of the pianos. He was there to help call the timing on particular shots and walked around with "Far Beyond" blasting from his phone. What would I do without him?


Here I am just channeling out some giddy-like energy before the shoot.  As always.


How I was introduced to Cannon Pianos is actually a very endearing memory to me.  I know of it through Mrs. Louis Ware. As her student, I was part of some piano recitals she hosted there, all with lovely memories!  She was the very last piano teacher I ever took lessons with.  I could not find a photograph of Mrs. Ware and I, though she is missed dearly.  I was 16 then and I remember first being introduced to "Reverie" at one of the recitals.  It was one of the most beautiful pieces I had ever heard.   Played by another one of her students as their piece, little did I know that I was being introduced to now one of my favorite composers; Claude Debussy.

Reverie by Claude Debussy


Filming the video itself was fun and surprisingly straightforward.  I had meditated on screenshot plans the day prior.  Our videographer arrived--we came, we saw and we conquered! Amor was phenomenal. Oh! And you know where to follow him! 



I'm thrilled to have finally done this music video for Far Beyond! It's exhilarating to see where this song is now!  If you have an urge to share it, I won't hold you back!

Subscribe for my next endeavors! You can also find me at the following!


Instagram: @Melle_Music
Facebook: @MelleMusic

Yours Truly,
🌹Melle🌹

No comments:

Post a Comment