Sunday, September 4, 2016


Back To That Night (Behind The Scenes)



Hey folks, this is Melle! 


I'm going to talk about my experience being part of a music video for a sweet song called "Back To That Night", an original song  by Trynket! 
 If you haven't seen it yet, well GO WATCH IT!!




Now that I'm sure you saw it, I can say that I had a lot of fun!  It was a wonderful opportunity to work with amazing groups of people!

First and foremost..... meet Trynket!



I had the pleasure of being her production assistant for this music video.  She's an electronic synth-pop artist who is the synth, guitar, and keyboard player and vocalist for all her original music! Pretty rad, huh?

Then there's Alex di Marco and Ken Ashton.  Both of them are professional actors and currently producing films.  Follow their social media!  Such talent to admire! Both of them are part of Hustle Cake, the Los Angeles based video production team that put this amazing idea into fruition!


Having worked with Twentieth Century Fox, VH1 and Warner Bros., they produce professional quality with pricing that is kind to the artists.   If you really liked what you saw with Trynket's video, you ought to hustle in and check 'em out. These are your guys!

So, a couple days before-hand, the entire cast was e-mailed information about the itinerary and costume expectations.  The last time I remember dressing as neon-colorful as the 80’s was in high school.  Luckily, I didn’t throw away my leg warmers, so I made my outfit work!



The first location we filmed at was a studio in the heart of L.A.  It was decorated for the 80’s dance party scenes to be filmed. From the decorations to the costumes everyone had on, it was definitely remnant of that era. I grew up in the 90’s so, it was fun to live out a moment before my time!


It was very cool getting to meet everyone as people started to trickle in.  Everyone was very friendly.  It was easy going, so I was put to ease and able to be out of myself!


Above is a group selfie I took with some of the girls on set as we were taking a
quick break.  I learned very quickly to drink as much water as I could because when it’s time to film, it’s time to film! 

Below is a video of some of the cast during the dancing scenes.  See if you can catch Brian of the renown dance group Questar. (Watch videos of them on You-Tube-- they're amazing!) He showed up as a cameo!! From touring stages world-wide to appearing on television, he lent his skills to the choreography in Trynket's music video.  Isn't that cool!

Oh! and Jovver was my twinsie for that night-- he showed up wearing the exact shade of blue and the exact type of 80's printed jeans.  You'll also see it in the vid. Great minds think alike! Only, I don't have his dance skills! 😟 You'll see what I mean on Instagram: @JovverFortuno!



Markus Luxe was our DJ for the night. He rolls with Hip-Hop, House, Electro, Top 40 kind of jams!  In fact, he's produced a couple of Trynket's tracks such as "Never Gone" and "Under my spell". Give his sound a spin! He played some jams for us to get down to—which, we did very well! You get a good glimpse of him in the video as we were dancing and getting our groove on. I was exhausted by the end of the night! 


Along with dancing, we were prepared to act out the same scene multiple times, as the camera crew experimented with the best angles to capture from. The key for us was to keep the energy fresh every single time! That was not a problem for me since it was so fun!


After about 2 hours, it was time to wrap up the portion of the video in the studio. Everyone was very helpful; from taking down decorations to carrying equipment.  Most of the decorations used to dress up the studio was put away, except the balloons.  I think most of us can agree that they cheered everyone up. They were a celebrity of their own! Here is some proof!



Here's Laura, Jackie, and Bernice! They were so sweet!



Florian (Trynket’s co-star for the video).   He's very talented!  He single-handedly delivered our pizza via balloons. Just kidding!-- Although, his acting career is taking flight! Get to know Florian Haberland


Myself.  Man, I loved those balloons!


We said our "goodbyes" and Trynket and I headed for the second filming location; a home in Hollywood!  It was where we filmed the more intimate settings of the music video, as she reminisces “back to that night” about her romantic encounter. 


Originally, part of Trynket’s reminiscing was going to be filmed as she was walking down the sidewalk.  Overall, it was then decided that it might be better that she be filmed entering her house.  They actually filmed that part in the back yard!




It was fun and interesting to see the camera crew give direction and try different approaches to bring out more character and emotion from Trynket. She was a natural!

Having filmed in the back yard of the house, then moving to the kitchen, we wrapped up the last bits of the video. 


The session was finished! The entire video was filmed in one day!  It went by too fast-- it was so much fun!



The cast and crew were phenomenal, kind and extremely helpful! This was one of the most exhilarating productions I've been part of, and one of the most memorable by far!  

I do have more adventures to share with you however...



I just filmed my music video!! My next blog will be about that so keep your eyes on the lookout and stay tuned! In the meantime, you can subscribe to my mailing list so you don't miss my updates!

. . . x o x o . . .


Melle




No comments:

Post a Comment